Saturday, January 31, 2009

Celebration & Flowers

28 years ago today, God blessed this world with a little baby that is now my husband, and Husband began the journey to becoming the amazing, wonderful man that he is today. I thank God every day for Husband, and today I especially thank Him. I also feel especially appreciative to Husband's mom & dad for having him and raising him to be the kind, loving man he is. I am blessed through Husband!! Happy birthday, sweetheart!! I've loved spoiling him with his birthday month, and I've got to say, I'm kinda sad it's over! We had Husband's family over for supper tonight, and it was so nice to have everyone together to celebrate him. I was going to make a German Chocolate cake for Husband, and he requested lots of frosting, so I made two batches of the custardy-pudding like coconut & pecan goodness. Unfortunately, the cakes had a bit of trouble coming out of the pan, so instead of a layer cake, we had a torte - with lots and lots of frosting/filling...


For Christmas my parents got us an indoor Paperwhite Flower kit. I decided to plant the bulbs in my fancy vase, rather than the plastic one that came with the set, and not only are the bulbs sprouting long green stems, but they're blooming! It's so fun to watch the plant grow- literally overnight - and to see the beautiful blooms brighten up the living room. Thanks for the 'gift that keeps on giving,' Mom & Dad - we love it!! Here are some pictures of the vase and flowers which are strategically placed on our fireplace...

No comments: