Husband had his follow-up appointment with his surgeon yesterday. He no longer has lifting restrictions and can drive as tolerated (which isn't very well on this town's streets!), but hasn't been cleared to go to work yet. The doctor ultimately said he'd be very justified to not return to work yet, but if Husband REALLY wanted to go back, he would write a clearance note. (Wife's translation: You need to take more time off to recoup and get back into it, especially with the job you do and how physically demanding it is. However, I understand that you are going stir-crazy being couped up in the house and want to get back into your normal routine, so I'm not going to fight you if you insist on going back to work too early.) On Friday he'll call the doc to discuss returning to work on Saturday. The doctor and his staff and everyone we've come into contact with on this surgery have been OUTSTANDING! I can't say enough good things about the care he's received.
We went to Husband's parents' house on Saturday, and he really enjoyed the change of scenery, I think! Who wouldn't get tired of our little shack if that's all you got to see for over a week... Callie always loves going out to the ranch and running around with "Uncle Husker," too. When we get back, she's so exhausted she falls right asleep and doesn't move for the next 12 hours! The temperatures here have been great the last couple days, but the wind has precluded us from really doing anything! Hopefully after I get off work today we can take Callie for a quick walk (around the block maybe) and enjoy the fresh air together while Husband stretches his legs.
I managed to make a couple more sweet-treats this weekend, too. First up was a mixture of oat squares cereal and fresh Texas pecans, coated with a caramaly-toffee-brittle mixture, and topped off with some chocolate. Once you start, you can't stop with this crunchy, sweet goodness! Second was a chocolate pecan pie - again with those fresh Texas pecans. It's amazing how big a difference fresh nuts makes!! The third sweet-treat indulgence was made by Ben & Jerry's, not me - it's their Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream - on sale for $1 at our WalMart, it's scrumptious!!
Apparently canvas prints are all the rage right now for photos and displays... However, they can be QUITE pricey, especially if framed out. I'm not sure what I really think about the canvas print bandwagon... I love pictures and unique ways to display them. I like the idea of making the canvases a centerpiece in a room. I love Photoshop and how the effects could look extra-neat on canvas. I love the "oil paint" options which make the photos on the canvas look like paintings. I don't like how pricey they are. I don't have a lot of room right now to display canvases. I found a place - pictureitoncanvas.com - which has phenomenal pricing and a 20% off code right now! I can get an 11x14 canvas for $29, and oil paint option for $20. I can make my own frame out of leftover wood I've got laying around and staple the canvas to the frame myself. I'm thinking about jumping on the bandwagon. So that leaves me with deciding what to put on the canvas. We've got so many wedding and honeymoon pictures, that seems like the natural way to go - but how to choose? I think I'm going to Photoshop 2 collages - one with wedding pictures, and one with honeymoon pictures. We'll see how that project goes tonight. I've got until tomorrow to use the 20% off, so I'll have to decide and conquer tonight if I'm going to do it! What do you think about the whole canvas print thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment