This weekend we ventured to the grand opening sale of Menards, a somewhat local hardware store, similar to Hobby Lobby or Lowes. We've been wanting to put crown moulding up in our living & dining rooms (Husband originally had the idea, and it didn't take me more than 10 seconds to jump on board - great idea to fancy up the rooms for a relatively cheap price - good thinking, sweetheart!), and Menards was having some fantastic sales, including mouldings. We figured it would be around $100 to buy the moulding - boy were we wrong! We got the moulding, corner finnials, AND rosettes for half what we budgeted for just the moulding- we were SO excited!!! On Husband's days off this week we are planning on putting it up - I cannot wait to see it all up in place!!
We got our canvas prints the morning we went to Menards, so I picked up some lumber for the frames. One fingernail tragedy and one slight slice of my finger later, the frames were built. After using the handsaw for the frames, I think we'll be borrowing a friend's circular saw for the moulding - what a pain!! I need to pick up some more staples before I can stretch the canvases, but I'm looking forward to having a finished product to put on our walls - if we can find a space large enough for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment