Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Texas Trip - Chapter 2 - Church

Sunday morning we donned our finest, packed for the rest of the day, and headed for church. Oh, my husband looked so handsome in his suit, shirt, and Jerry Garcia tie - I couldn't wait to "show him off" at church that morning and introduce him to some of the special people in my & my family's lives! I was so excited to finally give Husband a chance to put a face with the name of those I talk about all the time, and was so happy my "Texas grandparents" got a chance to meet the sweet, amazing man who makes me so incredibly happy! I showed Husband around the 'old haunts' where I went to elementary school, and where I spent many hours while mom & dad were busily working. I think only the sanctuary itself has remained unchanged since I last lived at home. The weather was just gorgeous, and we enjoyed strolling around the church and school grounds before the service. I was so proud to be able to answer Husband's question that, yes, that was my mom playing the organ, and yes, that was my dad playing in the brass group!! The music was phenomenal, and it was so nice to worship together with my family in 'my church' with 'my kind of music,' and even better that I got to do that with my husband! After church we changed and loaded up to head to Fredericksburg...
The beautiful church I had the opportunity to grow up in - notice the white Texas limestone? It's everywhere!

No comments: