Friday, February 20, 2009

Texas Trip - Prologue

We're back from our Texas Trip - and what a success it was! We packed a LOT of sightseeing and activities into just a few short days, but we both had the best time ever. We're even going to say "the best vacation ever-" after qualifying our honeymoon as a 'not vacation,' of course! I so enjoyed getting to share just a few of the things that are so uniquely Texas with my husband. Mom & Dad loved playing tour guide, I think, and we of course loved getting to spend so much time with them! The weather was perfect - slightly cool and drizzly for typical Texas this time of year, but wonderful for us. Our last day there was lower 80s, which was a great way to end the trip. Had it been that warm the whole trip, I think I might have melted! Husband found it amusing how bundled up everyone was in the "fridged 60s" weather... Perspective is everything, I suppose! We had such a grand time while we were there our normal, daily life sort of floated away into nothingness, and we rarely, if ever, had thoughts of work or our town sneak into our heads. It was a wonderful get-away, and I think we're ready to do it again in a year or so!

No comments: