My husband is so thoughtful. Each and every day he brightens my life with kind, sweet words and/or actions.
I have an aversion to cars with ice on them in the mornings. We have a house with a garage for a reason - to avoid scraping or shoveling snow off in the mornings. However, with two cars, we must either park one in back and potentially subject it to the ghetto neighbors' questionable actions and lack of respect, or park one in the driveway, thus making the garage-benefits a bit less enjoyable. Our garage door broke making it more of a chore to get cars in and out, so we've been parking the second vehicle in the driveway. This morning, Husband called me to let me know I might need to start the car extra early to give the ice time to melt - how thoughtful. That saved me from walking out at 5 minutes to 8 and realizing I had a 10 minute thaw/scrape job in front of me, thus making me 10 minutes late to work. How kind!!
I'm also not fond of thinking up ideas for supper. I love cooking, just not deciding what to cook - Husband's been giving me great ideas for meals over the weekend and the last few nights, which has made a task I love even more enjoyable. He even helps clean up the kitchen as the meal is cooking, which he knows makes me extra happy!!
Husband put so much work into our crown moulding renovation - and only 4 weeks after his somewhat major surgery. He stretched and lifted and pulled and pushed - all because he's married to a wimp that's short and can't do a lot of what he did. That, and because he obviously loves me very, very much!
My sweet husband knows how much I enjoy crafting. He indulges me when he comes home after a hard day of work, and finds me (and all my supplies) sprawled over the living room floor. He lets me finish the cards I'm making and complements me on how nice they look - and I can tell he really means it! - while waiting patiently for me to shower him with the attention he deserves.
A couple weeks ago, I decided to change out the toe-nail polish I had. (I enjoy a nicely toenail probably more than most and believe any showing toenails should be prettily painted - I won't show them without a fresh coat!) Husband had the opportunity to witness firsthand my disappointment as the polish job turned messy, sticky, and I sadly, but stubbornly, wiped it all away. This weekend, I had a couple free minutes and finally got around to re-painting my toenails. Last night as we were getting ready for bed, I asked Husband if he had noticed I painted my toenails. (Of course he hadn't - it's been cold out - I've rarely been without socks or slippers!) He said he hadn't. A few seconds later, however, the conversation wasn't over. He indulged me with interest - he asked what color I painted them! Now, I know his world wouldn't stop spinning based on the answer I gave, and that an answer wouldn't really affect his evening one way or another, but he showed interest. He showed me he realized I was excited about this small thing in my life, and he drew out the excitement for me with his interest. He showed me he cares about me and the things important to me, no matter how piddly or illogical they are. He showed me once again why I love him so very much. My husband listens to me, knows me, and cares about me. I truly genuinely matter to my husband. And he to me, more than I could ever express to him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment