Monday, March 23, 2009

Traveling Time

In May Husband and I are going to have a lot of opportunities to travel together because I have a lot of out of town conferences. If all goes as planned with his scheduling, his days off should fall on my conference days; that means he gets to come with me!! One week we will be going to Kearney, which is fantastic. When the conference is over for the day, we'll get to eat at some fantastic restaurants together and spend lots of time doing some "big city shopping!" (You know - Target, Hobby Lobby, Old Navy...) I am so looking forward to this time with Husband; the only thing better than getting to spend quality time with him is getting to do so out of town! We'll come back on Friday night or Saturday morning - Memorial Day weekend - have a long weekend, and then, we're off on another trip! That Tuesday, we get to go to SEATTLE!! I have a Sexual Assault Response Team training there - a local Women's Shelter program is providing me with the opportunity to attend this national training, and is covering my mileage, airfare, hotel, food, and registration fees. WOW! Again, the actual days of the conference fall on Husband's days off, so he gets to come with me!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this trip. In the evenings when I'm done with my training, we will get to explore the city together. There will probably be parts of the conference that aren't the most "uplifting" or "happy," so I really am looking forward to the time in the evenings with my favorite person in the whole world. The conference happens to end a day before my birthday, so we're going to extend the trip one more night, and we'll do some fun birthday activity & meal Seattle-style! I managed to get an awesome hotel room in some swanky downtown botique diggs for 66% off - cheaper than the airport hotel I originally was planning on. If it's even half as good as the pictures on their website, we're going to be in for a treat. (Here are their pics: http://www.hotelvintagepark.com/vpk_gallery.html) They tout a lot of the local wineries, and in the evenings, they have a wine reception in their lobby were the locals can showcase their "goods." It's within walking distance from the Pikes Peak market, which has fresh fruits & veggies and lots of restaurants and shops. Oh, I can't wait! This time with Husband is going to be the best, I already know!! I'm so greatful for this awesome training opportunity, but even more so that it worked out that Husband gets to come with me!! I already have been looking into tasty restaurants and fun things to do. Any one been there and have some good recommends?

No comments: