We started our day-trip in New Braunfels, another German settlement town with the most awesome waterpark ever! We saved the waterpark and river tubing for another trip... We were invited over to the home of some dear family friends who were kind enough serve us breakfast consisting of the best blueberry pancakes I have ever had, fresh berries, and bacon - so yummy! I treasured the time we had with them to catch up on their busy, busy lives, and to help them become acquainted with my most amazing husband. (If I'm their "other daughter, I guess that would make Husband their "other son-in-law," even though there are no other s-i-ls??) When my family moved to Texas, their oldest daughter was 3 months old. She's now all grown up and in college. The other three "little ones" are not so little any more, and next year, all three will all be in high school! I was blessed enough to get to watch the four kiddos at church events and while mom & dad were busy flying high (he's a captain for an airline) and working, and felt as if I was part of their family. This family is certainly one of the things I miss most about Texas!
The "other" family.
Our family in front of their gorgeous house.
No comments:
Post a Comment