Yep, I've been called out - no posts for 2 months!!! I think it's a mix of things: most of the "fun" projects are done, work's been busy, we've been focusing on HC testing for Denver, we've been out of town a lot (gotta love that!!), the 'surrealness' that HC & I are really, truly, for certain getting married in less than one month, etc. Oh yeah, and throw in a massive hail storm that nearly totaled HC's new car - one where we were holding up the windshield so it would not cave in on us and one where HC had a plan in mind to break into an abandoned shed, wrap me in a car sun shield, and carry me to safety when the windows did all break out from the baseball sized hail... Well, it's time for some massive updates...
I CANNOT wait for our wedding week - I'm so looking forward to friends and family arriving from out of town, all the last minute flurry of decorating and little details, special moments with special people, the anticipation of 5 PM on 10-11-2008. I generally can be a fairly patient person - not when it comes to marrying the man of my dreams!! I'm ready NOW! =)
When first setting the date, we considered two critera - holiday weekend and Husker-by-week. (Yes, we are die-hard Husker fans, as are most of our guests... Yes, we really did consider a college football schedule when planning a wedding date. Yes, given the current record, we are super excited about this season. Yes, I am worried that the game on our wedding day will be in the afternoon or evening and I will have to miss it...) We thought about Labor Day Weekend, but decided it's usually a last hurrah weekend for many people so we were afraid guests might have previous plans. (Especially with less than 3 months notice...) Turns out, a friend of HC from college got married that weekend, so it's good we didn't double-book the group of mutual friends they have. The Huskers only have two by-weeks this season - this coming weekend, and the weekend before Thanksgiving. There was no way I was waiting until November to marry my sweetheart, so that was out! We honestly can't remember exactly why we decided this weekend didn't work, but we're pretty sure it was divine intervention. HC has two of his major tests for the Denver P.D. this Saturday. Tests that cannot be rescheduled. What a mess we would have had on our hands if we had scheduled the wedding for this weekend!! So, we were down to one more holiday weekend - one I had never even heard of before I became a government employee - Columbus Day. There ya go - and it's less than a month away! =) (WAAAAAAAAY too long away in my book!)
We're praying HC gets through this weekend's tests successfully, as well as the other two sets of tests he will need to do (hopefully by the end of the month) so we can once again put the majority of our energy into the wedding.
And on to other updates...
No comments:
Post a Comment