Wednesday, July 16, 2008

improvements

I had plans to iron the design on my tank last night, and that project blossomed into tweaking a bunch of other projects...
Starting with some additions to my bouquet - silver ribbon & sparklies. I also added one of these sparklies to the bridesmaid's bouquets at the knot.
I then added a blue ribbon loop to the boutenieres, which added just the pizzaz they needed. Next was the toss garter - I made that, and decided with a few additions, I liked it better than the original "keep" garter. Thus, the toss became the keep, and I had to re-do the toss one! First is the new toss
The Keeper, and a closeup of the keeper charms:
EG's dress laces up the back, and the ribbons were really long, so my mom cut them to a more reasonable length - after sewing up the ring bearer pillow, I decided to glue the extra ribbon from the dress along the edge of the pillow - it really makes it look like a finished product now, I think. And, as I told HC last night when I was showing him, this is the ONE thing in my life I need you to lie about if applicable - tell me the pillow looks fantastic with the ribbon around the outside, and it would have been completely unfinished and tacky looking without it. While gluing the ribbon on, I did a heck of a job burning the skin off my ring finger - OUCH! So, the ribbon has to be worth the trouble - so this is the one thing to lie about. "Yes, EG, the ribbon just MAKES the pillow. Totally worth any pain and suffering you are going through, because it NEEDED the ribbon around it." =) I've been messing around with the macro mode on my computer (close-up of charms), so if you're lucky, you'll get some great close-ups of the damage to my poor ring finger - and maybe even some of the ring on that finger!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

T-minus less than 1 month...don't you think you should update? ;)