Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Centurions LEMC Ride - Estes Park - Part 1

Some of the Centurions members & their lovely ladies (if I do say so myself) made a weekend trip to Estes Park in August. I was already in Denver the first day of the trip so I met Ty & his crew in Estes. Although I was initially a bit jealous about missing out on some of the sights and experiences the rest of the group had, I ended up being thankful I wasn't along... I had clear, beautiful weather as I made the trek to Estes, but they traveled through Wyoming and encountered some COLD, RAINY weather. Yuck!! While I was waiting for them to arrive, I was able to enjoy doing a little exploring around Estes. I've never been there without Ty, so it was different (and somewhat lonely!) to wander around by myself. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, Mom, Mom 2, & Aunt Lois can join me there, so I had that to look forward to as I did my solo tour. I enjoyed a nice Frappucino under an umbrella watching the river rush by - and got some interesting people-watching in, too! I got to visit some of our favorite shops and do some browsing. I took in the view from our condo as I smelled the fresh rain in the air. (I just love the smell of the air after it rains - especially in the mountains!!!) Eventually, we all met up and did a little riding around Estes before we all ate supper at a local brewery. After a fun evening at the condo we all headed to bed, resting up for our adventure at Rocky Mountain National Park the next day.
Backyard of our condo: Out the front door of our condo:
more views from the condo:
Downtown Estes Park:

1 comment:

JoyHonesty said...

I pray all is well with you both and your condo during these horrific fires.