Saturday, October 15, 2011

Denver & Fall is Here!

Last week I had a training in Denver. The conference was at one of the hotels in the heart of downtown, and I was able to stay there all week. What a treat! I was on the 19th floor, so I had amazing views. On my way to breakfast, at lunch, and every evening I walked up and down the 16th Street Mall (usually) enjoying the sights and sounds of the big city. I ate lunch and supper outside on patios every day, enjoying the sun and the people-watching. (Let me tell you - that's quite the entertainment in itself at times!) And the food I ate... WOW! Delicious! Since it was the start of fall, I had the pleasure of enjoying something pumpkin every day - sometimes more than once a day. I just LOVE pumpkin things. My favorite? The Pumpkin Smash smoothie from Jamba Juice. Liquid pumpkin pie heaven in your mouth. The best! Ty's favorite? The Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, of course! Ty was able to join me on Wednesday and Thursday, and it was so much fun to be able to spend some time together away from work and home - and enjoy the city together! Ty's aunt works downtown so we were able to meet her for dinner one night and lunch the next two days. I wish I could go to conferences in downtown Denver every week!
Mountain views:

Some of the skyscrapers, including Aunt Lois' building:The gold-domed building is the Capitol:

Two weekends ago, we had some of Ty's family over. The plan was to go to the pumpkin patch & corn maze that we've enjoyed the last few years. This year, however, the hail storms we had destroyed not only our roofs, siding, and gutters, but it destroyed the pumpkin patch & corn! Hazel's wasn't able to open this year, and I know we're not the only disappointed people! It had become such a fun tradition. We made the best of our day, however, and enjoyed lots of food and the good company. (Even though the Huskers played absolutely ridiculously against Wisconsin, we still enjoyed the game and company with that - or at least the first quarter!!!) I made a pumpkin cake, which was fun. Although the elves ate the rest of my fondant I had intended to make the pumpkin's stem with, my last minute idea for a stem turned out okay, too. All of the family and food and talk about fall made me excited for Thanksgiving! I'm already getting the menu all planned out in my head and can't wait to spend time making it with family & even more -eating it with family!



No comments: