Centurions LEMC Ride - Estes Park - Part 2
Day Two of our trip to Estes Park began with the most beautiful, sunny morning. As we all got on our gear (some of us had much less than the others... I must be a 'part time biker' because I only have 'part time gear!') and loaded up, I just could not believe the amazing weather we were experiencing. And little did we know, this was only a small taste of the beauty & wonder we were about to experience all day!!! We headed into Rocky Mountain National Park and started up to Trail Ridge Road. Ty had been telling me about all of his past trips in the mountains and by lakes and how much more amazing it is to be on the motorcycle than in a car. I had no idea the extent of what he was describing! On a motorcycle, I could really, truly experience all five senses. What a marvelous experience!! I could feel the temperature dropping and the air becoming crisp. I could smell the pines and other scents of nature. I could hear the wind as we whizzed around the turns and corners. I could see the mountains, trees, clouds, snow, etc. with nothing in between me and them except distance (and sometimes not much of that!). I suppose if I would have kept my mouth agape at it all, I would have tasted the bugs!! I really noticed the difference in experiencing senses as we headed back down the mountains. We were able to zoom down, which was just so exhilarating! All of a sudden, the temperature warmed up and the smell of the trees became apparent. It was such an amazing moment to take in and realize all of the things God had provided for our enjoyment. I never wanted to leave! After RMNP, we stopped in Grand Lake to eat some of the most moist, delicious pulled pork I've ever had, and then went through Glenwood Springs, and other little towns. Probably one of the most enjoyable days I've experienced!! The next morning we headed back home. Again - beautiful weather, and again, I was stuck in the car while Ty got to experience the amazingness of being on the bike... Opening my windows and sunroof gave me just a taste, however. =) Everything seemed so boring and plain once we got on the Interstate after being in the mountains with the trees, turns, and views!
On top of Trail Ridge Road:

Some of the Centurions enjoying the view
2 comments:
Gorgeous pictures and amazing imagery in your writing. Congratulations on your third anniversary, October 11th. Leather and Crystal...looks like this trip covered the leather. God's continued blessings to both of you, dear ones. Sending all my love...
Happy, Happy Birthday, dear one. Every day of the year, may you feel Jesus near. Sending my love...
Post a Comment