Friday, September 23, 2011

A few updates

Just a few updates:
1. Mom - Her doctors had her get a bone marrow biopsy because her white blood cell count was a bit lower than they were looking for. The results came back, and in essence, Mom has no multiple myeloma in her marrow, the place where all the new blood cells are made!!! What a wonderful, surprise result! Her doctor told her she should put a copy of the test results on her fridge door so it could be on display for all to see. =) She has started on her newest chemo treatments, which will hopefully get the M-Spike numbers to come all the way down and match the marrow results, which would me true remission. We are celebrating the healing our Father has granted to Mom thus far and are praying hard the chemo works quickly & effectively to bring the M-Spike down and to then keep the numbers down.
2. Supreme Court - I finally received my Supreme Court decision from five-and-a-half months ago! Although I cannot consider it a full win, I consider it a victory. Of the two times the Judge found the Department of Health & Human Services in contempt, the first time is moot (they fixed the reason he held them in contempt to start with) and the second time is not ripe for appeal (it was more of a "if you do xyz, I'll hold you in contempt" and xyz hasn't happened yet. This means the Supreme Court determined there were no appealable issues and dismissed the appeal. However, because they thought this was such an important public interest issue, they still published an opinion - something that is very rare!! They determined the Judge can in fact hold the DHHS in contempt, which was the ultimate goal I was looking for. I am very excited they made the ruling that a Judge can order the Department to do something and has the authority to enforce that order!!
3. Quilt - I have finished my quilt for our extra bedroom finally. I am so pleased with the way it turned out. I am waiting for it to be top quilted, which will be the final step, and am very excited to see it once that is done. I have become obsessed with quilting and want to do it non-stop. However, our house doesn't NEED any more blankets or quilts & they don't fit in with most of our decor. I think I'll have to have 11 grandchildren like my grandma does so I can have a purpose for my quilting. That or my nephews & neices (8 so far) need to hurry and graduate from high school so I can make a new tradition that they get a quilt to take to college with them! I have so many ideas but no projects to use them in. I am looking forward to getting our second guest bedroom all decorated, however, and getting the quilt finished is the first step! Hopefully by Thanksgiving when we host for both our families, our guests will have a fancy new room to stay in! Here are some pictures of my finished quilt:
Alley is as obsessed with quilts as I am!!



No comments: