Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Honeymoon!!

HC & I are SO excited about our honeymoon! We're going to stick around Sunday for a bit since so many people will be in Sidney from out of town. (My plan is to make and freeze coffee cakes & rolls about a month before the wedding so on Sunday morning out of town friends & family can stop by for juice and a bit of brunch - we'll see when the time comes, though! We'll probably only subject our parents to oohing & ahhing over any presents we do get...) Sunday night we'll go to Ft. Collins so we're that much closer to the "final destination-" ESTES PARK!! Monday we'll hang out in Estes and Monday night we'll go out to a fancy dinner at the hotel we're staying at - The Stanley Hotel. We're going to get all dressed up and have a grand old time, which I can't wait for - HC is SO handsome in a suit & I'm going to have so much fun getting all girly for HC again. (Two times in two days?? I think that's a record, people! HC must be something special!) There's also a Ghost/History tour at the Stanley we're going to go on - what better event in October?!? The Stanley is where "The Shining" was filmed, so there's lots of stories and excitement on a tour like this. Here's the hotel we're staying at: http://www.stanleyhotel.com/ It's so beautiful, and we can't wait to start our amazing married life together in such an amazing setting.

I need some help choosing a dress for our fancy dinner out... I think this one is my favorite, and I'll most likely get it - I just don't know which color! I'm leaning towards latte, pb coral, and truffle. I could probably wear this one to other events. http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?sfc=218&sp=sales&pid=3735
This is the other one I'm thinking about. However, it seems kind of "mermaid shaped." Mermaid shaped and my hips don't mix well. I like the color (click on the color swatch to see how deep of a color it is), but don't think I could wear it as often. http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=31457097&clear=1&index=31&gp_coll_id=0&gp_cat_id=7528&nav_cat_id=7534
What's your vote?

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

both are absolutely gorgeous - and think your hips would be fine in the second one. everyone will be looking at your tiny little waist anyways. :) i really love the back of the second one, but my practical side likes that the first one could be worn again...so i'm not much help, am i!?!? XOXO

Unknown said...

I REALLY like the second one. It looks so elegant and the color is so pretty, and I think it would look awesome on you because of your height. I wish there was a view of it from the front, though. It's true that the first dress might be more weareable, but my vote goes to the second one. Plus, it's your honeymoon! It's okay to buy a fabulous dress you may only wear a few more times!!!

Tracey

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about everything, both leading up to our wedding, as well as our lives together as a married couple. I love you so much sweetheart,and am really impressed with all of the work you have put into the wedding, and this blog!

Have a great day babe, and I will look forward to seeing you after work!

Love, your extremely lucky HC, as well as Callie Bear and Alley Cat...