Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Friday!

1.  Happy Birthday, Mom!!  I'm guessing this year's celebration will be enjoyed a little more than last year's, and you'll probably eat a little more birthday cake this time around!  =)
2.  At lunch yesterday, I cut some flowers from our front flower gardens, threw together a quick arrangement, and now we have bright, cheery flowers decorating our office at work!  What a great way to end the week.




3.  I also started some honey whole wheat bread at lunch, and am so excited to smell fresh bread baking this evening and taste a thick slice fresh out of the oven with some butter spread on top.  I'm looking forward to trying it with a thick smear of homemade peanut butter on top, too.
4.  ...and the most exciting and surprising news... On the Law Ride last weekend, about 7 miles west of North Platte, I "lost" (dropped) my phone as I was "relaxing" (shivering) on the back of our oh-so-comfy new motorcycle.  As we were going about 80 mph on I-80 I figured it was a lost cause and not only would I NEVER find it, but it would NEVER be in working condition again, and made no effort to attempt to retrieve it.  My new motto: Never say Never!!!  Mom got a call from the NE Department of Roads saying they had just found a phone with her phone number listed under "Mom!"  Absolutely shocking!!!!  Not only that they found the phone to start with, but that it was in good enough shape (literally) for them to turn it on and access the phone book, and also that they were thoughtful enough to follow up on finding its owner.  I'm so thrilled and thankful!  I'm looking forward to receiving it in the mail next week sometime to see just how bad the damage really is...  =)

No comments: