Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cakes

I did a little more playing in the kitchen for some birthday cakes. One of them looks pretty cool, but isn't super impressive tastewise. The other might not be the most beautiful on the outside, but it was SOOO yummy on the inside! Our nephew turned three in July, so I made him a police car cake, modeled after his Uncle's work car, of course!!



This cake was for Husband's Dad's 60th birthday. The top cake was way too heavy for the bottom layer, so the bottom kinda collapsed in. I didn't even think about putting supports in, although it seems awfully basic now that I think about it! I needed to wipe down the powdered sugar on the surface before I took these pictures... The bottom cake was chocolate with a vanilla hazelnut mouse filling. The top layer was white cake with chocolate caramel mouse.


No comments: