I love being married to Husband SOO much, that I decided we needed to celebrate our marriage as much as we could - thus, the "month-iversaries" were born. Yes, we're going to celebrate each month we've been married! What better reason to celebrate and have a special meal or time together than each other and the blissfully happy life we now lead together!
I was so thrilled to realize that our one-month mark of being married was going to fall on Husband''s day off, and I was going to have a holiday. That meant we were going to be able to celebrate in style and really enjoy each other! Then I realized there was a schedule change in there, and Husband would NOT have the day off as I originally thought. Hmmm... I was determined to not let this deter me, because I was ready to join together to relive the last month together and talk about our wonderful day when we became husband and wife and the fantastic time we had in Estes. Husband worked all night before our "one-month-iversary" but I still had the day off...
The solution? Brunch! I got up early, and prepared a fancy brunch for my husband to enjoy with me when he came home from a hard night of work. We had cheesy sausage & egg casserole (Mexican style to spice it up a bit), Chocolate Chip pancakes with peanut butter and coconut syrup, fruit salad, and some other goodies. My timing worked out perfect, and just as Husband was walking in from his night, the table was set with my grandma's china, and the food was fresh on the table. Husband said when he walked in, he could smell the casserole immediately, then he noticed the whole spread!
We enjoyed our time together as we ate, and later watched a Thanksgiving movie - either Garfield or Charlie Brown... Husband was finally exhausted, and I was able to take a little snooze with him - rare with our schedules!
Husband got me the softest pony to celebrate our "one-month-iversary" since our "pony" (Mustang) was still in the shop getting her total-body-overhaul and since I needed something to lounge over - no - smother - no - push off the bed - no - help fill up the empty space when my hubby is out protecting and serving while I'm dreaming about him, and the best card.
What a perfect morning - there's no better thing than spending time with my husband!!
No comments:
Post a Comment