Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Ceremony

Our wedding ceremony was one of the best experiences of my life. All the girls, HC's guys, and the Moms and Grandmas waited in the back with me while our slideshow played for our guests. After the slideshow, EG's Dad sang "Bist du Bei Mir" and EG's Aunt and Godmother accompanied. Next, the Moms and Gmas walked in to "Moonlight Sonata," followed by the wedding party to "Canon in D." It was such a joy to listen to the fantastic music. I got SOOOOO excited when I heard the music change to "Arioso" because it was time to walk in and start the marriage ceremony between HC and me. I looked up, and there he was - smiling at me, ready to join me for the rest of our lives, ready to share with our family, friends, and guests our love for each other and the amazing love God has for us and how He brought us together. And yes, I'm tearing up just thinking of this moment and how special it was. I saw no one but my fiance (but not fiance for long!), and we get up to the front, and Dad says that it is God that has brought us together and that he and my mom join with Him in the joining of us. That was pretty much the theme for the whole service - we have been brought together by God, our love is ordained by Him, and it is with his guidance and love that we will succeed as a married couple. We declared our intent to marry. We recited our vows to each other. I meant each and every word, and I know HC did too. It was the most amazing thing to look into HC's eyes as I spoke my promises to him, and to know that with God's help, I would follow those promises every day for the rest of my life. My favorite line? "HC, I take you to be my husband!" of course!!! We were declared to be married, and the look and feeling we shared with each other was beyond any words that can be used to describe it. We exchanged rings, symbols of the vows we had just made. The message my Uncle gave was "spot on." He used our four Bible readings as a guide, and gave a fine exposition on the love we have for each other and how it will be a success if we follow those words He has given us as guidance and follow His example of love. We lit the unity candle while Dad sang another solo. And before we knew it, the ceremony was over and it was time to kiss my new husband!!!! And what a kiss it was...





No comments: