Monday, March 14, 2011

Activities

On Sunday we had a brief snow. When it was coming down it was wet and heavy and there was a lot of it. By mid-afternoon, the sun had come out and soon it was all melted away. I love Spring snows! While it was still snowing, Alley-cat and I snuggled up in front of the fireplace and enjoyed a good book and nice warm cup of hot cocoa.

City Kitty likes watching the snow fall outside! She perches on the bay window and will look outside for hours. We went out for some yummy Mexican food last night, and when we got home, our guard-kitty was looking out the window watching and waiting for us (or at least the treats we were bringing home for her)!

We had our neice's 4th birthday party at our house a couple weekends ago, and I was so excited to be able to make her cake! When I asked her what she wanted on her cake, she said "frosting, lots and lots of frosting! and sprinkles!" So frosting she got. I asked her what else she wanted, and she said, "Red and pink and fours!" I did my best to incorporate the birthday girl's wishes and I think it was a hit.
I thought the birthday girl needed her own little cake - dyed pink inside, of course - in the form of a lady bug!
The birthday girl's brother had a wrestling tournament earlier that day, and they both spent the rest of the weekend with us. We had so much fun watching movies and playing. On Sunday before they went home, Uncle Ty took them to see the police cars and motorcycle. They were so excited! They even got to sit on/in them and 'drive' them! One of the little officers even got his very own police cap to wear. They each got badge stickers, and the birthday girl was crushed when she found out "Police Officer Harper" couldn't really go to work with Uncle Ty on Saturday night and help him with work. I think taking these pictures helped make up for that!


No comments: