Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FOR SALE

Our house is for sale - we're moving on to bigger and better things - all while staying in Sidney! Surprised? We sure were! Due to the downturned economy, Arvada no longer had police positions available, so we had a decision to make: stay in Sidney for another 3-5 years while the economy recovers, or move to another, yet unknown location and go through the hassle of applying/interviewing/testing for two new jobs with no guarantee. After weeks of deep thought and prayer, we decided to stay in Sidney. Husband's going to be able to take a bunch of classes through work now that he's staying - Field Training Officer (he's going to be the person training any new officers who come to the department), Advanced Motor Officer, SWAT Basic, to name a few! It helped I wouldn't have to take another bar exam, and even better, our dream house came on the market! Our offer on the house was accepted, and once the appraisal and final mortgage approval come through we can set our closing date. Our new house is wonderful - almost three times as big as our current house, completely brand new inside (plumbing, electric, insulation, raised ceilings, walls knocked down to make a breakfast bar/pass through), three decks, two huge trees, walk out basement, established landscaping... In the meantime, our current, small house is for sale. We've been working on clearing out excess items and getting it perfectly ready to show. It's become apparent we won't have any trouble filling up our new house with all our stuff!! We're excited about this next stage in our life together and looking forward to seeing what comes in our next few years.
Kitchen:


Bay window in Living Room:

Master bath spa tub:
Master bedroom - the sliding glass door leads to our deck:

Main floor bathroom:

basement - the door leads to the sun room:
basement:

basement - family room:
basement bathroom:
backyard - bottom deck and one of the trees; deck on top of sun room:
P.S. - For those that were wondering, Callie does NOT get a room in the new house. "Poor puppy" is relegated to the outside only. She'll have a lovely house of her own out there, and will love playing in the big backyard. Mean mommy thinks that's enough for her!

11 comments:

philben5 said...

Oh when is the painting party? Congrats you two!
Blessings from Ainsworth

John Lange said...

What a beautiful home. What a beautiful life. I rejoice everytime I read your blog, Krista. I have the feed in my RSS reader so I got the notice about your update right away. I was about to get on you about not updating it for a long time. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you when you were here. I got to go eat out with Mark and Traci and your grandmom.

Lyndsey said...

Congrats! What a beautiful home!

John Lange said...

You didn't show Callie's room.

Your better half!!! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You are fighting a losing battle when it comes to a dog in this new house, my dear better half. I'm afraid your best isn't going to be good enough in this department. You're lucky you get the cat! HA! I also disagree that Callie is cuter than you...

Your better half... said...

Poor Callie-bear , we will just see about her room. I got her a room in our current home, and will do my best to get her a room in the new one!!! Callie might be big, hairy, and smelly, but she is still "cuter" than me!!!

Your better wife... said...

Sorry honey, I had to delete the above comment when I saw that I had spelled "hairy" wrong. I guess it dosn't help that I have been awake for over 30 plus hours!!!
Callie: 1, Wife: 0

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful home! You're so blessed to get it!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I had my husband's dog moved from the house to the porch to an outdoor storeage, heated "dog house" within a year or two of our marriage. It was all unconscious until the senior Pastor pointed this out in a "roast" to me as we were moving.

Happy, Happy upcoming Birthday, to the man of the house.

I send my best wishes and congratulations on your beautiful new home. May God bless your home and both of you.
sending my love

Anonymous said...

Callie :o3