Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Beginning...

HC=Hot Cop=The Groom
EG=Ecstatic Girl=The Bride
And here's how it all started...

This morning right after 8, the Judge called me and said, "I got an interesting phone call this morning. I was off today, but I came in. Please come over to my office so I can talk to you." Great. What did I do now? It must have been bad if the Judge came in on his day off to deal with it. I was SO nervous. I practically run out of my office to get to the Judge's chambers, nearly throwing up with nervousness at what I was going to be facing. (I didn't think I'd done anything wrong lately!!!) I called HC. on my way over to tell him, and he said, "I'm getting a call too, gotta let you go."
I get to the courtroom, and the Judge takes me into his chambers, and shuts the door - never a good thing. He tells me that one of my neighbors has had a lot of things missing from his garage, and he suspects that HC and I have been taking them. The Judge said he wanted to talk to us before he talked to the Chief of police and my boss. I said, "WHAT?!?" I was SO PISSED. All I could think of was how I left my garage door open last night and this guy is probably putting his stuff in my garage and is going to frame me - I won't be able to dispute the evidence of his stuff in my garage. I was so mad.
The Judge said he called HC in, too, and in he walks, asking what's going on. I said, "apparently the neighbor says we're stealing stuff out of his garage!" The Judge filled him in on details, and then HC says, "Well, it wouldn't surprise me if it was EG. She is a thief. Afterall, when she moved here two years ago, she did steal my heart." He got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him! I said, "of course!" and tried my damndest to not cry, but there was no stopping it. I was SO shocked!
All week, HC's been telling me how he keeps calling the jewelers to see if the ring is back from being resized, and they keep telling him how they'll call him when it's in. He's had the ring since MONDAY! I'm still shaking I'm so excited and happy!! As I was telling my mom, I started crying all over again. It was absolutely perfect, and I couldn't have been more surprised. So, it's official - we're engaged & getting married October 11, 2008!

A very happy and newly engaged Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And here while I was reading the Email - I thought "We can egg your neighbors house if they want to blame things on you!"